Saturday 7 April 2012

It's been a long time

No excuses, I've just not been in a writing mood. Writers block? I don't know. Perhaps a lack of motivation, or just working too much. I feel like I've got no time left, and I have my daughter with me every day except for 3 hours on a Monday, and sometimes I get some writing done, but not for the last few weeks. But there really is no excuse. Writing helps me deal with life. I'm sure most people have something them helps them relax or deal with stress—mine is writing.

I have been reading 'Pure' by Julianna Baggott. I brought it after a recommendation from Laini Taylor's blog. And I am loving it. It's original, different, beautifully written and disturbing in its subject matter. READ IT! The most original book I've read this year (maybe the best?).

I've also had to deal a bit with grief this week and am finding if very hard, I wish we had a better way of dealing with death, something that made it more of a celebration of a person's life and an acceptance of it as part of life.

I hope you're all reading a good book,
Tristy.

No comments:

Post a Comment