Saturday 16 June 2012

Hunger Games again

So I've finished the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy. At the end of the first book I was a bit disappointed because they will still being ruled by the Capitol. By the end of the last book I was really disappointed (now if you haven't read the book and want to, don't read further). While the characters are alive and no longer under the Capitols rule, they are broken people. I imagined a happy ending but it was not happy. Katniss is broken—mentally confused. She chooses the boy I want her to choose but it doesn't seem like they are going to have a great life together, more like they are just trying to survive, much like they were before the war.
All that being said I think it was a good read and I think I will see the movie, just need a baby sitter...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know they all survive, I didn't imagine they would and that was what was putting me off reading it. I don't mind knowing the ending before reading something and I'd love a babysitter too so I could go to the movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read and I was worried they wouldn't survive too. Usually when a lot of development is put into a character the author doesn't kill them off.
      I'm not sure if I'd want my kids reading it though.

      Delete