Tuesday 1 November 2011

Working on it

Today I sent off a short story. It will be ages till I hear either way, but I feel like it is a positive step towards being published. I have another story ready to send off as well. It has taken a long time to write and polish these two stories, but I've discovered a lot about the writing and publishing process over this last year.

I'm still working on my novel, here is my proof:
My eye’s adjusted to the yellow dancing candle light flickering by Jake's bed. Dust had settled on me and it shifted when I sat and puffed into the air. Jake's chest rose and fell, slowly. His heart was still beating but his body was fading away, we really had to get answers, figure out what as going on with him.

I'm reading book 3 of Game of Thrones and loving it. I just finished reading 'Dead Reckoning' book 11 of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris, and enjoyed that. I love following the same character through different books. I always feel a sense of loss when I get to the end of a book, it's not so bad if there is another one to come.

If you're not reading, write. If you're not writing, read.

Cheers,
Tristy.

No comments:

Post a Comment